Do we need insurance for pony rides at our summer fete?


We've been offered the use of some ponies as part of our fundraiser. What do we need to think about in terms of our insurance?


If you are paying someone to bring in the ponies then you MUST make sure that they have their own public liability insurance. However, if the person who owns the pony is providing it free of charge, then a 3* or 4* Member may be covered by their membership-linked insurance.  When you are planning the event, you must complete a Risk Assessment. Please provide it, and plans for your event, to us. We'll then check it all over with the insurance company to make sure it can be covered. The Parent Council/PTA can still charge for the pony rides.

Download Connect's useful leaflets on Guidelines for Pony Rides and Safety at Fundraising Events.

Download Connect's useful resources such as Simple Guide to Risk Assessment and Risk Assessment Policy template.