Does our insurance cover us to employ someone for odd jobs?


Our school doesn't have a janitor or anyone employed to do odd jobs like cutting grass or washing windows. We wondered if someone on the Parent Council would be covered by our insurance to do these types of jobs or if it is up to the local authority to employ someone.


Yes, you would be covered if someone was paid or volunteered to do this work by the Parent Council under Connect's 3* and 4* Membership. This person must be between 18 and 75 years of age.  Of course, you would have to check this with your local authority first; if you need written confirmation of your cover to show officials, then let us know.