Further Reading on Parent and Family Engagement in Children's Learning
Please click on the links below for a wide-ranging background reading list on parental and family engagement.
- Closing the Attainment Gap in Scottish Education: Edward Sosu and Sue Ellis, published by the Joseph Rowntree Foundation in 2014.
- Parental Engagement in Learning & Schooling: Lessons from Research: Robert Simons examines whether levels of parental engagement can be improved by increasing the capacity of schools and principals for local decision making.
- The Impact of Parental Involvement, Parental Support and Family Education on Pupil Achievement and Adjustment: A Literature Review: Professor Charles Desforges with Alberto Abouchaar
- Families and Schools Together (FAST)
- Joyce Epstein's School-Family-Community Partnership Model
- Leadership For Parental Engagement: National College for Leadership of Schools
- Engaging Parents in Raising Achievement - Do Parents Know They Matter?: Alma Harris and Janet Goodall
- School Improvement Partnership Programme (SIPP): Robert Owen Centre
- Building Partnerships with Diverse Families and Communities: Journal of School Leadership
- Parental Engagement in Children's Learning: Moving on From Mass Superstition: Janet Goodall 2018, Creative Eduation 9 pp1611-1621
- Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act 2006
- Learning Together - Scotland's National Action Plan for Parental Involvement, Parental Engagement 2018
- Education (Scotland) Act 2016
- Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland) Act 2004 and Statutory Guidance to the Act
- HGIOS (How Good Is Our School?)